Supreme Petrochem Ltd (SPL) is a joint venture between the Supreme Industries Ltd. and the Rajan Raheja Group. The Rajan Raheja Group has interests in cement, ceramic tiles, publishing, cable television, retailing, automobile batteries, readymix concrete, software, petrochem, hotels, asset management and real estate. The company started commercial production started in October 1995.
SPL is the leader in Polystyrene business in the Indian market place with a share of more than 50%. SPL is also the largest exporter of PS from India, exporting to over 80 countries around the globe. Currently SPL's exports are over 100,000 tonne per year.
The product range covers the entire spectrum of Polystyrene. GPPS range covers MFI of 1.6 to 20, HIPS covering both extrusion and moulding grades, ESCR, High Gloss and super High Impact grades.
Supreme Petrochem owns and operates a state–of–the art Polystyrene facility, with an installed capacity of 2,72,000 TPA located at Nagothane in Raigad District, about 100 km south–east of Mumbai city. The facility also includes a world class colouring and compounding facility with an installed capacity of 17000 TPA.
The plant is based on technology from the erstwhile Huntsman Chemical Corporation (Now NOVA Chemicals) USA with basic engineering by ABB Lummus Crest, USA.The specialty range includes UL listed Ignition Retardant HIPS (both V0 and V2 rating), Mineral Filled HIPS, Micro floppy diskette grade, UV stabilised PS, Toughened PS and custom coloured PS, filled PP for automotive/appliance industry application, high quality white and gray colour master batches for injection molding as well as film, sheet extrusion applications.
The company has taken over management control of Shin Ho Petrochemical (India) Ltd, an existing player in Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) in Chennai, (Southern India) with an installed capacity of 6000 TPA. The name of this company is being changed to SPL Polymers Ltd and capacity expansion of the plant is under implementation. New EPS project of 60,000 TPA capacity is under implementation in Nagothane Styrenics Complex.
To hasten the development of new applications and use of these materials Product Application Centre has been established where joint programmes with customers are initiated.
SPL's reputation as a reliable supplier is due to its internationally acclaimed safety record in plant operation and total compliance with global and local standards on EHS. For these SPL has been awarded with 5 star rating from British Safety Council.A strong online customer feed back system on quality of products and services is the essence of SPL's quest for continuous improvement.
Product Range of the company includes:
- General Purpose Polystyrene
- Speciality Polystyrene
- High Impact Polystyrene
SUPREME PETROCHEM LTD (SPL) owns and operates state-of-the art production facilities from two locations in India the first at Amdoshi – Wangani Village near Nagothane in District Raigad Maharashtra and the Second in New Manali Town near Chennai in Tamil Nadu.
The Styrenics facility at Amdoshi – Wangani has the following Plants
- Polystyrene (PS)
- Expandable Polystyrene (EPS)
- Specialty Polymers and Compounds (SPC)
- Extruded Polystyrene Foam Boards (XPS)
The Infrastructure at the facility is geared to handle upto a million tons of Polymers.
The New Manali Town facility houses an Expandable Polystyrene (EPS) plant.
- Installed capacity: 272000 TPA
- Undisputed leader of PS in India.
- The Product range covers the entire spectrum of Polystyrene. GPPS range covers MFI of 3 to 12, HIPS covering both extrusion and moulding grades, ESCR, High Gloss and super High Impact grades, also available are Flame Retardant Polystyrene and Pre Coloured Polystyrene.
Expandable Polystryrene (EPS)
- Installed Capacity : 32000 TPA
- Technology from Shin Ho Petrochemical of Korea (now SH Energy and Chemical Co. Ltd.) Food Grade EPS
- Installed Capacity : 12500 TPA
- Technology from NOVA USA
At New Manali Town
- Installed Capacity : 27700 TPA
- Technology from Shin Ho Petrochemical of Korea (now SH Energy and Chemical Co. Ltd.).
Specialty Polymers and Compounds (SPC)
- Installed Capacity : 33500 TPA
- Compounding of PS , PP , PE
- Filled PP
- Additive Master batches
- White Master batches
- Performance / Nucleating Master batches
- Colour Master batches.
Extruded Polystyrene Foam Boards ( XPS )
- Installed Capacity : 10000 Cubic Meters per Month
- Capable of making use of HFC 134a and CO2 as Blowing agents.
- These Boards used for insulation are marketed under the trade name INSUBOARD®
For further development of new applications and use of these materials Product Application Centre has been established by SPL, where joint programmes with customers are initiated.
SPL's operations are ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO TS16949 and OHSAS 18001:2007 certified.
- 1997– 5 Star rating by British Safety Council, UK for excellence in Occupational Health & Safety.
- 1998– Environment Management System, ISO 14001 : 1996 by DNV
- 1999– Quality Management System, ISO 9001:2000 by BVQI
- 1999– Dr. R. J. Rathi Award for Environment Protection in & around Complex by Maratha Chamber of Commerce
- 2002– Signatory to Responsible Care Initiative instituted by ICMA
- 2003– Occupational Health & Safety Management System OHSAS 18001:1999 by BVQI
- 2005 Business Leader of the Year ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ Petrochemicals of Chemtech Foundation
Company has plans of expanding capacities of the existing products as well as adding new products the details of which are given in the Table below:
The total cost of the project of this expansion is estimated at Rs. 982 crores.
The company for the 12 month period in FY 2017-18 has reported 3.7% increase in net sales revenue to 3026.6 crores against Rs. 2918.6 crores in the previous year. However the Operating Profit(EBIDTA) during the year was down by 33% at Rs. 204 crores against Rs. 304.8 crores in the previous year. The Nep Profit was also down by 35% at Rs. 116 crores against Rs. 179 crores in the previous year.